Seminar Sommersemester 2022
We’re again offering the Seminar on Machine Learning for Renewable Energy Systems in the Summer Term 2022.
The seminar starts with introductory lectures, followed by an individual working phase and presentations at the end of the term.
The aim is that at the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the basics of renewable energy systems and the role machine learning can play to control, optimise, and understand them.
- Be able to identify current challenges in renewable energy systems.
- Be able to discuss machine learning approaches that address these challenges.
What you’ll have to do:
- Select and review a recent paper that applies machine learning to renewable energy systems,
- write a seminar paper (5-7 pages),
- give a short presentation (12min),
- and review two seminar papers from fellow students in the course (peer review).
Organisation and Evaluation
Credits: 3 ECTS
Dates & Room: Tuesdays, 12 noon - 2pm, Hörsaal TTR2 (Maria-von-Linden Str 6, EG)
Only the final seminar paper (75%) and the presentation (25%) are graded. The reviews and first version of the paper have to be handed-in on time to pass the course. Preliminary deadlines can be found at the bottom of this page in the tentative course plan.
If you want to participate in the course, please register via ILIAS. The course is limited to 15 people on a first come first serve basis.
Tentative Course Plan
|26.04.22||Overview of the Seminar & Introduction to Renewable Energy Systems|
|03.05.22||Network Operation, Markets and Climate Change Impacts|
|10.05.22||Machine Learning for Renewable Energy Systems|
|17.05.22||Introduction to Academic Writing, Presenting and Writing a Review|
|12.06.22||Deadline First Hand-in Seminar Paper|
|21.06.22||Presentations and Discussion|
|28.06.22||Presentations and Discussion|
|05.07.22||Presentations and Discussion|
|30.08.22||Deadline Revised Seminar Paper|